Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bob's Dream (or Nightmare)

It has been a long time since I last posted to this blog. I had run out of inspiration for new posts. Gilda’s Club offered a series of creative writing classes. Hoping to find inspiration I signed up for two of the sessions. We studied right-brain and left-brain functions. We were exposed to word clusters, Chakra, and all forms of Japanese and English poetry. (That is all kinds except the rhyming kind.) I did not find inspiration to continue this blog in the original vein, but I did come up with some material from my homework assignments. I shall share some of them here from time to time.
One assignment was to go through a Chakra meditation sequence, expecting to stimulate a dream. Thus, “Bob’s Dream (or Nightmare)”

Bob’s Dream (or Nightmare)

The dogs are barking.
Someone is at the door.
Lots of people,
some with cameras,
some with balloons,
some with flowers,
Dave Sayers
with Publishers Clearing House
with a big check
for $5000
a week
for life.
Find Food Bank
Mexican convent
Six kids
Taxes
My accountant died
What now?
More later,

Bob

ps: Evelyn, my Puerto Rican Mama, has a web site,
www.eviesbabies.com , where she is selling some of her handcrafted rag dolls.

3 comments:

Jason K Anthony said...

"What now?"....if you don't mind, I'd like to add a few of my own thoughts to this dream. Bob, you have been an inspiration to me through both adolescence and adulthood. You cheered me on at games, mostly with quiet applaud (unless we screwed up royaly which then led to the occasional "God Damn It" murmered under your breath) but mostly and more importantly, you were THERE, which meant the world to me. Furthermore, in adulthood and continuing with a theme of quiet adoration, you've taught me talk is cheap and a man's actions reveal the true charater of that person. Of course you never said that to me...but your actions did. It's a trait I think of often now as I now blaze my own trail with hopes of becoming a fraction of the man you are. I enjoyed reading your posts and I'll enjoy reading them moving forward. In short, you have a fan in both literature and life. Love, 1 of your 6.

Vogt Family said...

Enjoyed the poem. I am sure you have lots of poignant and funny(peculiar and humorous)experiences for your blog from your many years of employment, too. Although they be classified. I know I share a few of my fire service career foibles and triumphs that pop to mind without too much prompting. My wife is never too impressed, though. We are all unique and your are uniquer than most.

Vogt Family said...

Enjoyed the poem. I am sure you have lots of poignant and funny(peculiar and humorous)experiences for your blog from your many years of employment, too. Although they be classified. I know I share a few of my fire service career foibles and triumphs that pop to mind without too much prompting. My wife is never too impressed, though. We are all unique and you are uniquer than most.