Thursday, August 15, 2013



If you don't recall 'Howard' I suggest that you reread that post before reading this latest one.
 
Ben and Helen
What a beautiful spring day!  Almost all of the snow is gone and the sun is shining brightly.  Let’s go check out in the yard.

Hey!  Who are you?  I’m Howard.

“I’m Ben and this is my wife, Helen.  We come here every year to build a nest and raise a family.”

I assume, then, that you are acquainted with Felix?

“Yes, we worked out our differences with him some time ago.”

Where will you build your nest?

“Probably right here, on this spot, in this tree.  We’ve built here a couple of years, but Helen will want to try two or three different places.  She always does.”

Well, good luck to you, Ben.

“Why don’t we build the nest right here, Helen?  We’ve built here a couple of years now and you always seem to like it.”

“No, Ben, I really want to build a little higher for a better view.  I think right here will be perfect.”

“OK, let’s do it.  Here’s a good stout twig to start the foundation.”

“I’m sorry, Ben.  The breeze is moving this site way too much.  We’ll have to build somewhere else.”

“Why don’t we build the nest right here, Helen?  We’ve built here a couple of years now and you always seem to like it.”

“No, Ben, let’s move in closer to the house where the breeze is not as strong.”

“OK, we can give it a try’

“Ben, Ben, Ben.  It’s way too dark in this corner.  I have an idea.  Why don’t we build where we did the past couple of years?  I always liked it there.”

“What a good idea!.  Let’s do it.”

Robert Niel Beatie - August 13, 2013

2 comments:

Vogt Family said...

Another good story. String me along, go ahead.

Vogt Family said...

Bob,
I have enjoyed Dave's fire department related artist talent. Take a look.
Eric
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.159001344554.114750.158618274554&type=3